Birachi, Dr. Eliud Abucheli
Milk Supply Chains in Kenya
|Born||In Kenya in November 1970|
|PhD Thesis, Department of Food Economy and Consumption Studies and Department of Agricultural Economics, Christian-Albrechts-University Kiel, Germany|
|1997 - 1999||
Wageningen University & Research Center, The Netherlands. Masters of Science in Agricultural Economics & Management
Specialization: Management Studies. Research Thesis on Supply Chain Management in the cut flower industry: The case of the Netherlands
|1990 - 1995||Egerton University, Njoro, Kenya. Bachelor of Agribusiness Management|
|1999||Assistant lecturer, Egerton University, Njoro, Kenya, Department of Agricultural Economics & Business Management|
|1996 - 1997||Teaching Assistant, Department of Agricultural Economics & Business Management|
Published Papers, Seminars and Conference Papers
- Kariuki, I. M., Obare, G. A., and Birachi, E. A. (2006). Are informal market linkages in developing countries transaction cost sensitive? Evidence from procurement of smallholders' produce by brokers in Kenya. Journal of Applied Sciences 6(4), 838-842.
- Egerton University , Faculty of Agriculture/ KARI-NPBRC/ 1st Annual Symposium hosted by Egerton University on 4th and 5th December 2001 : Sustainable Research in Agriculture.
- Workshop on Teaching Methods and Methodology at Egerton University , July 2001
- Third International Conference on Chain Management in Agri and Food Business ( Ede, The Netherlands: 28-29 May 1998) Provisionally accepted papers for publication, EAAFRO Journal
- Birachi, E.A., S.O. Onyuma and T. Kimeli. The Role Of Agri-Chain Management In Enhancing Consumer Oriented Agricultural Research And Innovations.
- Onyuma, S.O, E.A. Birachi and T. Kimeli. The Role of Management in Sustainable Agricultural Development in Kenya.
- Presentations and co-authorships at The Second International Conference of the Association of Third World Studies (ATWS), Kenya chapter (Egerton University Njoro: September 17-19, 2001). Theme: Adoption of Strategic Management in Agriculture:
- The Role of Supply Chain Management In Food Marketing: Towards a Framework for National Food Security.
- Impact Of Firm Ownership Structure On Monitoring And Control: The Case Of Agribusiness Firms In Kenya
- Impact of Corporate Governance on the Performance of Firms: A Comparative Study of Governance Systems in Kenya, USA, UK, Germany and Japan.
- Rural Poverty and Agricultural Marketing: A Review of Constraints to Competitive Food Markets and their Impact on Poverty Alleviation in Sub-Saharan Africa.